Go offline for Valentine’s Day Romance
Great personal moments and amazingly romantic memories with the one you love can rarely be found online. So, it’s up to you to go out and create them yourself. Rather than just leaving it to a restaurant owner to create the ‘Ambience of Romance’ for you both, why not be adventurous and plan a Valentine’s Day surprise for your loved one?
Here’s some romantic inspo to make this Valentine’s Day, the most special yet.
- Pack a picnic and enjoy a starry night sky, just the two of you.
- Visit the botanical gardens and take on all of the beauty and aromas. Pack some music and a beautiful cheese platter
- Champagne brunch – Start your romantic time together at the beginning of the day
- Spoil yourselves with a trip to your local day spa together for a couple’s massage
- Take a sunrise hot air balloon ride and toast to your Valentine with Champagne
And for something unexpected but fun – find a karaoke bar for a few delicious cocktails and crank out a few of your favourite tunes. Maybe even a few love songs?
Counteract the ‘get romantic’ pressure by doing something non- romantic together like go golfing or bowling, or workout at the gym.
Focus on the fact you’re together on the day, even if it’s with a sweat.
Have fish and chips by the water and candlelight
Stay in, order takeaway and watch movies. Or maybe make some pasta together.
Or stay in and spend the night planning a romantic weekend or holiday away together
Have a romantic ‘Staycation’ for a night by booking a luxurious hotel where you live
Volunteer for community work for the day. Some might finding giving back together a wonderfully romantic thing to share
Have an indoor picnic at home.
“Valentine’s day is not just about expensive reservations and gifts. It’s about celebrating that you found someone special enough to spend this day together. Do something highly thoughtful but simple, for one another.”
– Clarissa Silva, Behavioural scientist & author of ‘relationship’ blog.
You can make Valentine’s day whatever you want it to be. It’s your very private, special day to enjoy and celebrate. All you need to do is just let your ‘other’ know that you were thinking about them!