Becoming a ‘Mrs’ in 2019? Then don’t miss these 2019 wedding trends.
Congratulations! It’s an exciting new year for the newly engaged.
Whilst it’s out with the old and in with the ‘rose gold’, planners are already seeing a hot, new crop of trends emerging in the forthcoming year.
From intense colours to fabulous indoor green chandeliers. Here are some of our predictions that we think will make it big on the hit-list for 2019.
- Venues with character – gone are the four bland walls of a standard hotel venue. Couples are wanting somewhere interesting to make their day memorable, rather than having to ‘cosmetically’ enhance a standard hotel function room for their wedding. Couples love the idea of something ‘special’ to make their day their own. Places with texture, character and even a bit of ‘wow’.
- Blooms are the new decor ‘bling’. From real, rose table runners to hanging green chandeliers, it’s flowers and leaves that are helping to make a ‘naturally’ beautiful day. The bouquets are getting smaller, while the venue flowers are getting bigger and better. Brides want flowers to make more of a statement rather than crystals. Couples love the idea of ‘bringing nature indoors’.
- Mix and match Groomsmen suiting – It seems that the boys are taking notes from the bridesmaids and are trying a bit of mix’n’match. Tailored fits are still in but pops of different colour with chequered patterns, floral prints and cute polka dots are popping up more.
- Brave bridal colour – Everyone loves a white wedding, but it seems that the brides are wanting more and more to change it up. Stunning colour against a white backdrop can create an amazing ‘wow’ moment the moment a bride walks in. Some are choosing colour in their dresses others love a ‘ kapow’ colour for their bridesmaids and in the very least, they are picking vibrant bouquet blooms.
- Drones – As technology races ahead, perhaps one of the biggest videography trends in 2019 is the use of drones to capture different perspectives of the wedding day. Even out in the fields when a country shoot is going on, couples love the idea of changing up the wedding photos with different angles for their shots.
- Grazing platters – We’re in an era of choice and instead of alternate drops, some couples are preferring to give their guests more delicious choices. Clever caterers are finding that couples want to creating different courses of grazing platters with an array of beautiful delicacies for their reception.
- Unplugged ceremonies – In the age of technology, there seems to be no waiting to share someone’s special day with everyone else. But more and more couples are asking their guests to turn their phones and cameras off for the duration of the ceremony and even for the whole event, and really share the moment with them, rather than with strangers. You make the call at the start of the ceremony, put up a sign or simply note it on your invitation. Remember it’s your day, so make the call how you want it to be.
- Flowers in her hair. Gone are the blingy, sparkly tiaras and in comes the soft uber-feminine flowers that softly sit in a beautiful upstyle, or peek from beneath a bun. This year, it’s all about creating an absolutely, stunning, natural look that appears effortless but really took a lot of thought )
- Rose Gold highlights – If a bit of bling is still something you want to highlight throughout all your greenery and candles, then make it softer with rose gold. I little bit of ‘pinkish gold’ in amongst the green table runners is the perfect addition to your table styling
- Themes – For those couples who are a little out there, then maybe go a little crazy and make it truly yours with a theme. The Great Gatsby? Gothic? Maybe it’s all one colour? More and more couples are wanting something that is only theirs and if your venue can help you make it work, then why not go all out to make 2019 your big year.